Sunset Optometric Center
Optometrist located in Los Feliz, Los Angeles, CA
You’re smart, and eyeglasses help you look it. The hundreds of designer-frame eyeglasses at Sunset Optometric Center in Los Feliz, California are the easiest way to correct your vision problem (and make a fashion statement, too). If you’re a women or man in the Los Angeles area who’s looking for eyeglasses for vision correction, style, or both, call Dr. Canlas at Sunset Optometric Center today for an eye exam and eyeglass styling. You can also book your appointment online.
Eyeglasses Q & A
Why do I need eyeglasses?
If you have a vision problem that’s interfering with your ability to read, recognize faces, or see in the distance, eyeglasses are an easy and convenient way to correct your vision. Men, women, and children have been using glasses for more than 700 years to correct for:
- Myopia or nearsightedness (can’t see far)
- Hyperopia or farsightedness (can’t see near)
- Astigmatism (blurry vision, near and far)
- Presbyopia (age-related blurry close-up vision)
What kinds of eyeglasses can I get?
The term “eyeglasses” is a misnomer because most eyeglasses are made of safe, light plastics and polymers rather than heavy, breakable, and potentially dangerous glass.
Your Sunset opticians help you choose from a variety of plastic lenses and coatings, such as:
- UV light-blocking
- Impact-resistant lenses (polycarbonate or Trivex)
- High-index (thin lenses for high prescriptions)
- Scratch-resistant lenses
How can I tell if I need eyeglasses?
You or your child may need glasses if you:
- Squint when it’s not sunny
- Experience frequent eye fatigue, strain, pain, or headaches
- Can’t read signs or blackboards at a distance
- Hold out reading materials at arm’s length
- Sit too close to the TV or computer
- Rub your eyes a lot
- Close or cover an eye to read, or lose place while reading
- Can’t see well at night
How do I get eyeglasses to correct my vision?
The first step to correcting your vision is to book an eye exam at Sunset Optometric Center. Your optometrist examines your eyes to ensure that they are healthy and also administers vision tests that identify refractive errors that eyeglasses can correct.
How do I choose the right frame for my eyeglasses?
Your Sunset optician measures your face and eyes to ensure that your eyeglasses fit perfectly. But they aren’t just expert at making sure your vision is corrected; they’re also talented stylists. Your optician helps you find a frame that expresses your unique personality and style.
If you’re ready to see better and make a fashion statement in Los Feliz, California, at the same time, call the expert optometrists and opticians at Sunset Optometric Center. You can also use the convenient online form to book an appointment.